- Flow lab is a brand new hooping class happening at Co-Motion Studio once a month.
- Each monthly session will feature a new topic to inspire you and your hoop practice.
- Expect rotating teachers from the studio and community.
- Normal class rates apply. Drop in or grab a studio class pass or membership.
- This is not a class for brand new students or fresh beginners. Rather, we invite those who are comfortable with the basics and have experience hooping to join. Just as in any movement or life practice, students benefit from learning the basic “steps” before expanding and getting creative. Think of Flow Lab like the expansion.
What is flow state?
“A state in which people are so involved in an activity that nothing else seems to matter; the experience is so enjoyable that people will continue to do it even at great cost, for the sheer sake of doing it.”
– Csikszentmihalyi, 1990
Being in flow feels like self-consciousness is lost, one surrenders completely to the moment and time means nothing. Focus is high, the experience feels clear, rewarding, and effortless. You know that feeling of “being in the zone?” – That’s flow. And hooping being one of the “flow arts” is the perfect platform to access this state (and there are innumerable other ways too). Maybe you’ve felt it before. Maybe you’ve reached that sweet spot and that’s what got you hooked. But the trick with hooping, or any creative practice, is to stay inspired, challenged and engaged to create continued access.
The mission of Flow Lab is two-fold. First, we aim to share fresh content with you in a group environment that inspires you. And second, we aim to share “flow” during an age where quick tricks and fast success reign supreme and tapping into flow with hoops seems lost. We want more than anything to give you the space to go deeper, reach wider, step our of your comfort zone, learn, collaborate, DANCE if you want to, and fall in love with your practice.
Flow Lab was born from the idea of a lab – “
See you in the studio!