Our Hoop Life Timeline:
- 2008: Adriene begins hooping
- 2009: Adriene co-founds the Hooper Troopers. The Hooper Troopers introduce hula hooping to Memphis by selling their handmade hoops, attending the downtown farmer’s market & other local events, teaching weekly classes, & performing with their hoops on many stages and streets. Over the span of 4 years they build community around hula hooping.
- 2010: Chloe begins taking Adriene’s hoop classes
- 2011: Chloe organizes outreach with Youth Villages
- 2012: Chloe creates HoopStatic, a blog about her life and hooping
- 2012: They organize a fundraiser for Youth Villages and raise over $2000
- 2012: Hooper Troopers disbands as most of the members take on new life paths
- 2013: Chloe shares her vision to open a community studio/space. Adriene jumps on board. They spend over 6 months planning, creating, and dreaming. The idea of “Co-Motion” or community in motion is born.
- August 2013: Chloe and Adriene are accepted into MEMShop grant program! (so grateful)
- October 2013: We sign our lease in Crosstown!
- December 2013: Co-Motion Studio opens its doors
- December 2015: We celebrate our 2nd Birthday!
- December 2016: We celebrate our 3rd Birthday!
Take a spin around our site and learn more about what we offer!